1 T.G. Stun deck

The top 16 consisted of
7 Laggia Rabbit decks
5 Wind-Up decks
1 Empty Jar deck
1 Agent deck
1 Dark World deck
1 T.G. Stun deck

and in the finals between Rabbit and T.G. Stun, Marquis Henderson with T.G. Stun won YCS Atlanta.

And the point of this post is:
Can now people please stop whining about wind-ups and inzektors? Especially inzektors, seriously, take your "DRAGONFLY LIMITED!!!11!1" cries and shove them right up y-

Whatever the speed of the game is, people adapt to formats everytime. New decktypes come out constantly, with their own strengths and perks, and the job of the player is to find his place there, how to either use those strengths or counter them.

I guess that's what is up to be learned here, there were the players who whined in the face of wind-ups, rabbit and inzektors, and the players who actually played yugioh. Yes, even with those results we are still entering a stun format which sucks, yes we will be worried about first turn wind-ups with the possibilities they have (remember however that they need both a pair of certain cards and to go first for that to happen while you did not draw into your veiler/maxx cs), just like we worried about royal tribute and six sam first turn plays and laggia and cold wave before those, we are still able to play the game though and find out how to go about it.

And yes, there were factors relevant to both wind-ups and inzektors that led to t.g. being able to work its way through the top 32 and the later rounds, but that's better left for another time. That was just a roundabout way to tell to every one of those that do, stop whining and be scared of every single new card that comes out.

Quote :
I hate human rights ~Judge, Law school student
I hate social justice, so boring. ~The Joker, former WDA head admin

Quote :
I'm a bomb technician
If you see me running try to keep up

Quote :
primo the best: your are sow idiot...

Quote :
JarOfCookies: I feel that my deck is a bit too slow.
JarOfCookies: got any idea to speed my deck up a bit?
JarOfCookies: Gravity bind maybe?

Spell speed 2 does NOT mean you can throw cards in your opponent's face. Why is the fact you cannot chain to a summon so hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff

Achievement Points: 28
Rank Points: 213

PostSubject: Re: YCS Atlanta's quick lesson   Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 am

Rofl. Finals were Hilarious. The little kid wins the dice roll and opens perfect. Second game he's mutilated, yet he sacks Hole just in time to get rid of 2 laggias and leviair...

I never gave a damn about Inzektors really, but wtf winning like that? I still think the kid got lucky...after all it's a damn card game.

Oh and, btw, the kid didn't adapt to the format at all. All he did was run a classic T.G. Drain deck xD

Quote :
Quote :
Amethyst777 said:Things activate in reverse order. Thus, bottomless targets grannel before he hits the field, and thus before his effect activates (gaining attack). People told me DN was dumb. But jegus.

Quote :
Amethyst777 said: I just realized something. The problem with playing a children's card game: You're bound to encounter children, 90% of which are squalling moronic retards with arrogance issues.

^Words of a true close minded moronic ignorant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic

Achievement Points: 50
Rank Points: 182
DN Name: Al-Bhed

RPG Info
Vitality:
420/420  (420/420)
Stats:
Weapon: Zahabs Engraving Knife

PostSubject: Re: YCS Atlanta's quick lesson   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 am

Actaully apparently he lost the first 2 rounds, so he went all the way through swiss playing against X-2 opponents, which helped. Also he was lucky as a budget player since in the top 32 his matchups were mostly rabbits, other players packed the useless/outclassed veilers, maxx "c"s and fiendish chains mained while he didn't, not to mention all those didn't affect his deck either. And yeah, if that was enough then half the top 32 would be budget decks, so it was a big part luck, http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=7981 this for example, he wins dice roll vs wind-ups (ofc), summons rhino, sets warning and TG1-EM1. Opponent has no s/t hate (but he drew fiendish chain and maxx "c" vs stun instead so it's ok), loses tour guide to warning, next turn he loses tiras to TG1-EM1 and then the kids uses skill drain. When the wind-up player went first he did have the hand to take out his hand and won, but then when he went first again game 3, he summoned a tengu and set 4 backrows... yeah...

Quote :
I hate human rights ~Judge, Law school student
I hate social justice, so boring. ~The Joker, former WDA head admin

Quote :
I'm a bomb technician
If you see me running try to keep up

Quote :
primo the best: your are sow idiot...

Quote :
JarOfCookies: I feel that my deck is a bit too slow.
JarOfCookies: got any idea to speed my deck up a bit?
JarOfCookies: Gravity bind maybe?

Spell speed 2 does NOT mean you can throw cards in your opponent's face. Why is the fact you cannot chain to a summon so hard to understand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points: 13
Rank Points: 74
DN Name: ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: YCS Atlanta's quick lesson   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:40 am

Didnt he use a budget deck? O.o lol

~Those who never fail are those who never try.~

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member

Achievement Points: 9
Rank Points: 240
DN Name: Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: YCS Atlanta's quick lesson   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 am

And what does this tell you people? The world does not end just because your opponent is using a Wind-up or Laggia Rabbit Deck.

Qutoes:
darkdiviner597: as always joker is right
Back to top Go down
View user profile

YCS Atlanta's quick lesson

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy ::  :: -